Kings of Colorado

The life and times of the King family- Cathy, Jaimie, and Charlie

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Critics say "Dreamcoat" is this Falls Must See!


This weekend was the debut of Golden High Schools fall musical production of "Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat".
Jaimie's role this year was Zebulon's wife. The cast was composed of the usual suspects: Cody Rex as Joseph, Connor Summeril as Pharaoh, Karter Deane and Jen Kolm as the narrators, and a supporting cast of thousands (or maybe tens).
I can't say that I was exactly looking forward to sitting through this as the title sounded odd, and I didn't really know anything about the play, but it was actually very well done and entertaining. In the past, as mentioned in previous posts, we have had to contend with broken seats, poor acoustics which made the performances more of a effort in survival. I am quite happy to report that with the completion of the new school all of these complaints have been happily rectified. The theater is great, the seating is comfortable, the acoustics were good, and I think the orchestra must have improved dramatically in the process. I've got to say, this was probably one of their best efforts.
While the story line is based on some biblical mumbo-jumbo the play overcomes this handicap with humorous scenes, and constantly changing genre...come on, Pharaoh as Elvis. It starts off with everyone dressed as farmers, and progresses to a French theme with Elais Euler singing in a french accent. I was disappointed not to end up with a picture of Joseph in the Technicolor coat but what's a theater critic to do?

1 Comments:

At 7:36 PM, Blogger Steve Mestdagh said...

Wow! Jaimie looks like a real actress .. and the kids look like .. well .. grown ups. Pretty neat. Good pics.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home